48 HOUR CLASSIC VERTICAL "COURTING" CANDLE
* Self-extinguishes when the flame reaches the clip
* Each inch burns approximately 20 minutes (feed 3 inches up for an hour)
* This candle will burn approximately 48 hours
* Made from beeswax with a cotton wick
*Metal copper tone stand with a sleek, elegant wick holder
* Unique design that is both rustic and innovative
The candle was developed in the 1600's. America had an abundance of beeswax which they twisted into rope candles. These candles were called Courting Candles.
The Courting Candle became a parents way of timing how long a young gentleman suitor spent with their daughter.
The candle burn time would be set by placing a cut into the candle.
The long rope went to a choice suitor, all others got the "short" rope.